[LON-CAPA-users] browsing HUJI resources from JCE

Peter Riegler lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:03:28 +0200

Hi Guy,

I have noticed earlier today that huji is running version 2.2.2. I did a
quick check and found three other machines still running on 2.2.2 (capa2
at huji, jce and liria.if.usp.br). I cannot log into either of them
while I can consistently log into a random sample of 2.6.3-servers.
However, Ray can login. SFU is running 2.6.3. It is very strange that
Ray can log in, while I cannot!

I know there is no guarantee that it will solve your problem: Anyhow, I
suggest you to give it a thought to upgrade to 2.6 or 2.7. It might be
worth for other reasons, e.g. support of maxima since 2.3 and full utf8
encoding since 2.7.

As for browsing resources: Can you view resources on other servers (e.g.
msu, sfu, fhwf)?

Another thing I have realized: When I search for resources using the
search engine, huji does not get contacted. huji simply doesn't appear
in the status ticker.

Peter