[LON-CAPA-users] exam problems: setting the position of the correct answre

H.K. Ng lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:45:58 -0500

--=====================_25836546==.ALT

Yes, by defining all the wrong answers. Suppose you have 5 bubbles
and you want bubble 3 to be the correct answer all the time, then
specify two answers smaller than the correct answer and 2 larger
since loncapa always sort the answers in ascending order. To specify
the wrong answer, create an array, say

@wrong_answers;
$wrong_answers[0] = ....; # first wrong answer
$wrong_answers[1] = ....; # second wrong answer

then on the <numericalresponse tag add incorrect="@wrong_answers".

-hk

At 01:32 PM 1/28/2008, you wrote:
>Is it possible to force a numerical response exam problem to place
>the correct answer in a specific bubble?  I am using the IF-AT
>scratch-off multiple choice forms, so I need to place the correct
>answer in a specific location (letter).
>
>Sally
>
>Dr. Sally S. Hunnicutt
>VCU Department of Chemistry
>Assistant Chair and Associate Professor
>Oliver Hall 4023B
>804-827-0531
><mailto:sshunnic@vcu.edu>sshunnic@vcu.edu

--=====================_25836546==.ALT

Yes, by defining all the wrong answers. Suppose you have 5 bubbles and
you want bubble 3 to be the correct answer all the time, then specify two
answers smaller than the correct answer and 2 larger since loncapa always
sort the answers in ascending order. To specify the wrong answer, create
an array, say <br><br>
@wrong_answers;<br>
$wrong_answers[0] = ....; # first wrong answer<br>
$wrong_answers[1] = ....; # second wrong answer<br>
...<br><br>
then on the &lt;numericalresponse tag add
incorrect=&quot;@wrong_answers&quot;.<br><br>
-hk<br><br>
At 01:32 PM 1/28/2008, you wrote:<br>
force a numerical response exam problem to place the correct answer in a
specific bubble?&nbsp; I am using the IF-AT scratch-off multiple choice
forms, so I need to place the correct answer in a specific location
(letter).<br><br>
Sally<br><br>
Dr. Sally S. Hunnicutt<br>
VCU Department of Chemistry<br>
Assistant Chair and Associate Professor<br>
Oliver Hall 4023B<br>
804-827-0531<br>