[LON-CAPA-users] lag time for external resources?

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:54:31 -0500

Hi,

On Jan 23, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Jay Sullivan wrote:

> What's the lag time between update of an external resource and
> update of that resource inside loncapa?

There should be zero.

> I have an external resource page linked in one of my courses. The
> external resource was updated. 1 hour later the corresponding page
> in LONCAPA still shows the outdated page. I have refreshed the
> page, reinitialized the course, logged out and back in. Is there
> some trick to force loncapa to use the updated page?

What LON-CAPA does with external resources (I assume stuff outside of
LON-CAPA, like http://www.msu.edu/) is simply create a frame with
that URL - nothing is cached inside LON-CAPA. So I would assume that
it's the browser cache.

- Gerd.