[LON-CAPA-users] Drop Box - Essay Response file checking

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:41:21 -0700

Mark,

Not an answer, but a question:

Do you really want this?  What if they upload a malicious .exe file?
(Maybe no more dangerous than embedded VB script in an office document?)
  LON-CAPA does have a list of known file types somewhere, and I would
suspect it would not allow any file type it doesn't know.  I always
limit my students' options.  If I'm looking for a spreadsheet I list all
the spreadsheet file types, etc.  Helps protect students from themselves.

Todd