[LON-CAPA-users] Problem with interaction between tccfl and fsu servers

Robley Light lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:14:18 -0500

We are encountering a peculiar problem which no one here seems to know how
to solve.  We are running VERSION: 2.6.1-2008012206 at fsu, and tccfl is
running VERSION: 2.4.2-2007071019.

Joi Walker at TCC has enrolled me in her organic course there, but that
student role does not show up on my roles screen.  If I try to log in to the
tccfl server (loncapa.tcc.fl.edu) it doesn't recognize me, whether I pick
fsu or tccfl as the domain.

Joi can log in to one of the fsu servers, and she sees her course.  However
the view of the course she gets does not give her access to the enrollment
button (Hon Kie had suggested she try to enroll me from our server).

When she tries to change my role in her course, she gets the message:

This user has an unrecognized authentication scheme (unknown_cmd). Please
alert a domain coordinator of this situation.

When she tries to change the my endtime in her course, she gets the message:

An error occured during the attempt to change the section for this student.
An error occurred during the attempt to change the role information for this
student.

Yet she does see me as a student in her course.  When she enrolled me, she
did set fsu as the domain and internal authentication as the authentication
method.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here?

Robley Light

Robley J. Light                	Professor Emeritus of Chemistry and
Biochemistry
Department of Chemistry        	Phone:   (850) 644-3844
   and Biochemistry 		Email:  rlight@chem.fsu.edu
95 Chieftan Way		  	Fax:      (850) 644-8281
Florida State University    	Home Page:
http://www.chem.fsu.edu/editors/rlight
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390

believed to be clean.