[LON-CAPA-users] parameter of folders in a course

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:08:27 -0500

Susanne,

There are two things you might check here:

(1) Under Parameters there is a mode second from the bottom under the
"Modify Parameters" Heading (which is different from Set/Modify) for the
overview mode. This is my favorite place for "Oh (insert expletive
here), something is not looking right with the parameters." This will
list all of the parameters that are set for the course. Look carefully
to see if a course-wide default has been set somewhere (though that
shouldn't override a folder-specific parameter).
This is a great place to see all those student or section specific
settings that have been applied and forgotten!

(2) When is the end date for the course that was used to enroll
students? Is LON-CAPA actually using this in the message (I never
thought it did, but who knows ...) Somehow I'd doubt it, but it sounds
like everything's worth checking!

Good luck!
Mark