[LON-CAPA-users] maxima response problems?

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:47:44 +0200

Hi Robley, hi Felicia,

Time to answer some questions:

I checked the last version of cas.problem (with "|" instead of ",").
There where other changes but a feedback should have come up on the
screen anyway. I remember that I showed this problem last December at
Frankfurt University on Gerds laptop - English problem text and English
feedback. So, still weird what you report.

Not having current websites could be a local issue: Some institutions
use a caching mechanism to minimize web traffic. This may cause some
strange not-uptodate-errors.

> by the way, Stefan, I get a certificate error when I go to that site

Thanks for the info. But that's because the certificate is self-signed
(a question of money...).

> Stefan, can you tell me the location of a few other maxima problems so
> I can check if this is related to maxima, or just some kind of glitch
> in cas.problem?

If still interested, just use those which Susanne Bellmer has posted
last Monday, for example.

> What is a URL of one of your machines that I could try?

https://vita.fh-wolfenbuettel.de
https://vita.sonia.de

Both with official 2.6.3 release and productive usage.

> PS  What is your email address?  We could carry on this conversation
> off-list.  Mine is rlight@chem.fsu.edu

You can use the same I use here on the list:
st.bisitz@fh-wolfenbuettel.de

Hope this helps a bit,
Stefan Bisitz