[LON-CAPA-users] maxima response problems?

Robley Light lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:54:35 -0400

I think I've discovered the source of my difficulty in viewing cas.problem
from resource space.  Felicia, do you think this is a bug?

I was having the same problem whether I was logged into our server or to
s10.lite.msu.edu or vita.fh-wolfenbuettel.de (by the way, Stefan, I get a
certificate error when I go to that site).  In each case I was assuming the
role of course coordinator in my Chemistry Demo site which I set up to show
people the capabilities of LON-CAPA for chemistry.  When I took a course
coordinator role in another course, the problem worked fine.

The only difference in my Chemistry Demo site is that I have set it up to
show all problems in "practice" mode, so anyone browsing the course can get
a feel for the variety available in each question.

However, I only see this difficulty with the cas.problem.  The other
problems in the same directory (Formel.problem, numerisch.problem) work
fine, as do problems from other libraries.

Perhaps this is a glitch related to maxima?  Stefan, can you tell me the
location of a few other maxima problems so I can check if this is related to
maxima, or just some kind of glitch in cas.problem?

Robley Light

Robley J. Light                	Professor Emeritus of Chemistry and
Biochemistry
Department of Chemistry        	Phone:   (850) 644-3844
   and Biochemistry 		Email:  rlight@chem.fsu.edu
95 Chieftan Way		  	Fax:      (850) 644-8281
Florida State University    	Home Page:
http://www.chem.fsu.edu/editors/rlight
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390