[LON-CAPA-users] maxima response problems?

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:58:38 -0400

Hi Robley,

There might be some caching issue going on when trying problems out in
the "Show Resource" view.  Was this what you were doing?

I did some testing on the FSU library server and I noticed that
something was up if you viewed the problem using the "Show Resource"
browsing functionality.  The question text displayed "(x|y)" instead of
the later version's "(x,y)."  This was not the case when I viewed the
problem earlier both by clicking the problem name from the browsing
screen and by putting the problem in a course.

I hit the Update Display button on the browsing screen and I think it
works better now.  Try this out and let me know if that fixes it.  If
so, send a reply and I'll write up a bug report or you can write the
report yourself.

Stefan, if you do some testing of your own and write up the bug report,
just copy Robley and me on it.

Felicia

Robley Light wrote:
> Interesting.  If I go to the link in your message below, it works fine.  But
> if I look up the problem through resource space, while as a course
> coordinator, and click on the problem I get the problem but it doesn't seem
> to accept the answer.
>
> We are running 2.6.3-2008040416
>
> Robley

> Robley J. Light                         Professor of Chemistry and
> Biochemistry
> Department of Chemistry          Phone:   (850) 644-3844
>    and Biochemistry                   Email:  rlight@chem.fsu.edu
> Florida State University             Fax:      (850) 644-8281
> Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390    Home Page:
> http://chemweb.chem.fsu.edu/editors/rlight

Instructional Systems Team
Academic Technology Services
Michigan State University
(517)432-4040
LON-CAPA Technical Support Available at:
    http://www.loncapa.msu.edu - MSU Users
    http://www.help.lon-capa.org - General