[LON-CAPA-users] Using Advanced editor for sequences

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:19:32 -0700

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Gerd Kortemeyer <korte@lite.msu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  On Apr 13, 2008, at 4:36 PM, Robert_Brewington@er.monroe.edu wrote:
>

> > I am looking for examples of sequences using branching logic within a
> sequence using the Advanced Sequence editor. For example, if problem 1 has
> more than 2 tries, go to problem 2, otherwise go to problem 3.
> >
> > I have managed to add a condition above a resource problem, but I don't
> know what any of the jargon means:
> >  - Recommendation if true
> >  - Blocking this link if false
> >  - Blocking other links if true
> >

>  Actually, there is an open bug that all but "Blocking this link if false"
> is defunct.

Are they really?  I hope not.  However, perhaps it is just that the
descriptions do not strictly match what they do??

I kind of think/hope  that "Blocking other links if true" might do
something useful, because I'm using it.
Of course it may just be fortuitous that, for me, it is failing in a
friendly way.

:-)