[LON-CAPA-users] Using Advanced editor for sequences

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:36:37 -0400

anching logic within a sequence using the Advanced Sequence editor. For exa=
mple, if problem 1 has more than 2 tries, go to problem 2, otherwise go to =
problem 3. <br><br>I have managed to add a condition above a resource probl=
em, but I don't know what any of the jargon means:<br>&nbsp;- Recommendatio=
n if true<br>&nbsp;- Blocking this link if false<br>&nbsp;- Blocking other =
links if true<br><br>I was under the impression you could put various chunk=
s of script code in there, but this sounds like I get one boolean expressio=
ibing how to use this editor, please point me to
it! The help file just shows adding a resource to the map, basically the sa=
me as I
can do in the simple editor. I don't see any mention of coding the conditio=
If I go in as Course Coordinator and try the problem, I cannot reset the ra=
ndomization/clear my answer and retry the problem. Once I have answered a p=
roblem, it seems to be set in stone, even if I delete the sequence from the=
 course and re-add it as a new resource. How do I clear my answer?<br><br>C=
an I test the sequence from within the editor (as author for example)? It s=
eems that I have to publish the sequence, delete the previous version from =
the course, and re-add the new version. Even then, it seems to still use th=
e old version - yes, I did the course re-initialization button. <br><br>Tha=