[LON-CAPA-users] References for Studies

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:17:24 +0000

Hi,

There are several studies that have been done, primarily at MSU, looking
at correlations in the way a student uses LON-CAPA and their success in
the course.

One of my instructors (David Ingram) is looking for results to pass
along to students about correlations. What kinds of things do you tell
your classes and where are the references or the data? (For example, I
know allmsu.com and negative correlations with exam scores get's
discussed in some MSU classes). David is specifically looking for data
regarding when students do their assignments and how well they do.

Secondly, is there any way to produce a graph showing score as a
function of time for a student using LON-CAPA? (Best I can come up with
is running chart a bunch of different times with different times slices)

Thanks,
Mark