[LON-CAPA-users] Submit Button and Mac/Safari

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 12:17:47 -0400

Hi,

On Sep 5, 2007, at 11:29 AM, Mark Lucas wrote:

> He claims to be using submit button all the time. Sometimes it takes
> just fine. Some times it returns really fast and has the SECOND to
> last
> answer he submitted in the box.
>
> For example: try 1: 15m  try2: 25m    try3: 35m
>
> When submitting try 3, it happens to come back really fast and have
> 25m
> in the answer box with no feedback.
>
> He is using a Macbook with Safari.
>
> I'm presuming this is a user issue, possibly a browser configuration
> issue.

Well, I am using Safari all the time with LON-CAPA (it's my main
browser), and I am using LON-CAPA, let's say, a lot ...

Also, in our student labs we are running Safari. So far, I have not
seen this.

If the page comes back *really* quickly, it's likely from cache,
which would also explain seeing an old result.

Now, that cache could be in the browser (I am not sure if one can
sort of hyperconfigure Safari to do more caching than in the default
mode, which I am using).

It could also be in the network, where some network administrator or
service provider set up a web cache to minimize outside traffic. I
have seen some very weird configuration in high schools. Is this on a
standard Ohio-U connection?

- Gerd.