[LON-CAPA-users] edit XML problem, port security?

Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:23:30 -0400

Hi Jay,

> However, I might have narrowed it down to the <script
> type="loncapa/perl"></script> block. Provided the problem does _not_ contain
> a script block, I can use the Edit XML feature.

Yep that is a work firewall thing.

A common hacking of websites is to put into a textarea some javascript
that attempts to steal information from unwary visitors.

I'm guessing this is an attempt on the firewall's part to prevent you
from doing such things.

(The difference in EditXML mode we send the whole of the problem text
along, and in Edit mode we dodn't send all of the tags only the
contents between the tags.)

If my guess is correct than this problem won't work in Edit or EditXML
mode:

<problem>
  <startouttext/>
    <script type="loncapa/perl">
    </script>
    blah, blah, blah
  <endouttext/>
  <numericalresponse answer="4" id="11">
      <responseparam name="tol" default="5%" type="tolerance"
                     description="Numerical Tolerance" />
      <responseparam name="sig" default="0,15" type="int_range,0-16"
                     description="Significant Figures" />
      <textline readonly="no" />
  </numericalresponse>
</problem>