[LON-CAPA-users] Access to effective language in scriptblock?

Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:04:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Stefan,

> Imagine that you'd like to create a problem which should be offered in
> two or more different languages. The effective language which will be
> used for the student depends on the different settings within LON-CAPA,
> e.g. user's language preference or course setting.
>
> For problem texts in different languages, the languageblock could be used:
> <problem>
> <startouttext />
> <languageblock include="de">Deutscher Text</languageblock>
> <languageblock exclude="de">English text</languageblock>
> <endouttext />
> [...]
> </problem>
>

> But what to do if the text elements must be "calculated" in the script
> block? Is there any possibility to access the effective language within
> the script block?

looks one can do this right now:

&xmlparse("
 <languageblock include=\"de\">$german_text</languageblock>
 <languageblock exclude=\"de\">$english_text</languageblock>
");

Wouldn't be difficult to add a &get_preferred_languages() routine to
return the list of desired languages.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137