[LON-CAPA-users] tex in loncapa

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:25:54 -0400

Hi,

On Jun 6, 2007, at 2:09 PM, batchelo@sfu.ca wrote:

> This topic leads me to wonder what people see as best practice when
> publishing larger documents (which may require frequent revision),
> for both
> web and prt outcomes.  If one already has such a document in TeX,
> one might
> still want to produce a redundant html version with snippets inside
> <m></m>?
>  Or, would it be more practical to simply maintain the entire document
> outside of loncapa and produce pdfs to be uploaded and published as
> such?
>
> Other options... (with a view to best compromise between quality of
> results
> for both web and print, and ease of maintenance)?

I only have HTML versions of my documents with <m>...</m>. I also use
tth for everything - it does not look pretty on the screen, but is
functional and legible. I found the other rendering mechanisms a bit
too limited in what they can render, and can live with the ruggedness
of tth (apparently, so can my students). In print, the same documents
come out pretty.

- Gerd.