[LON-CAPA-users] Warning message on republication of a problem (reposting with attached text rather than figures)

Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:33:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robley,

- the published problem is _fine_
- the published metadata is _fine_

What occured is

> I was making a correction to the metadata (via edit metadata).for a

This action "Editing via edit metadata" apparently screwed up the
metadata file _in_CSTR_, not the published one.

This appears to be an error in all 2.3 versions.

I suggest

- retrieve the metadata from publication space
- republish and during the publish step fix the title to not have the
  leading .

Note that the screwy metadata won't cause anything to break, but could
cause some ominous warnings like the one you saw.

I'll get the 'Edit Metadata' fixed up (likely tonight).

So in summary,

- just avoid 'Edit Metadata' in CSTR for right now.
- your class, all it's data  and this homework problem are just fine

Sorry about causing you some worry.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137