[LON-CAPA-users] Two unordered answers

Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:37:36 -0400

Hi Hon-Kie,

> Is there a way to have two answers boxes such that if the first box
> is submitted with one answer the second is graded with the second
> answer and vice versa? I vaguely remember Guy showing this at the
> meeting but cannot locate any documentation. The two answers are to
> be submitted at the same time.

You can do this for both numerical and formula response
(templates for this are included in the upcoming 2.5)

This expects the numbers 1 and 2 as the answer in either order with 2 answer
boxes

<numericalresponse>
  <answergroup>
    <answer type="unordered" name="first">
      <value>1</value>
      <value>2</value>
    </answer>
  </answergroup>
  <textline />
  <textline />
</numericalresponse>

The expects either the numbers 1 and 2 as the answer in either order
or 3 and 4 in that specific order with 2 answer boxes

<numericalresponse>
  <answergroup>
    <answer type="unordered" name="first">
      <value>1</value>