[LON-CAPA-users] Please Assist with LON-CAPA assessment module

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:49:29 -0400

Hi,

On Apr 24, 2007, at 11:36 AM, Dale, Tanieth wrote:

>> * for CAT, you can set the folder to "encrypted URL" (probably a good
>> idea anyway for test)
> I'll have to find where this option is set.

In DOCS, you can click that for a folder (it also effects the
subfolders).

>> EVAL cannot be disabled.
>>
>> May I ask what the issue is?
>>
>> * too much space taken up?
>> * too distracting?
>> * security concerns?
>
> Primarily the distraction and the consumption of screen realty.

We are working on the real estate issue (the next release is likely
going to offer icons), and could provide additional course
preferences to switch off buttons. But of course, every time you add
an option, the product becomes more complex and harder to understand ...

- Gerd.