[LON-CAPA-users] Running problem statistics

Robley Light lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:27:01 -0400

It has been suggested that I run complete statistics on a course at the end
in order to generate usage data for the problems in the course.  I have a
couple of questions about the process:

1.  When you start the process, is it necessary to leave that window open
while the statistics are being generated (apparently about a 30 minute
process)?

2.  Can you go to a role in another course to run those statistics while the
first set is being run?

3.  Do you need to stay logged in?

4.  Suppose you run statistics in the middle of a course, then again at the
end.  Lets say on a particular problem only half the students had worked it
when you ran the first time, and all students had worked it when you ran the
second time.  Does the second statistics run only cover those student tries
made since the last statistics run?  Or are the previous tries counted a
second time on the second run?  Or is a complete run made the second time
which replaces the first run?

Robley

Robley J. Light                  Professor Emeritus of Chemistry and
Biochemistry
Department of Chemistry          Phone:   (850) 644-3844
   and Biochemistry              Email:  rlight@chem.fsu.edu
Florida State University         Fax:      (850) 644-8281
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390    Home Page:
http://www.chem.fsu.edu/editors/rlight

believed to be clean.