[LON-CAPA-users] portfolio space questions

James Sullivan lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 07 Apr 2007 08:02:20 -0400

I'm trying to use the portfolio space to push some files out to my students. Let's say I have 2 students, A and B, and 2 files, Af and Bf. I would like student A to be able to download "Af" and student B to be able to download "Bf". I do not want student A to be able to access the file for student B and vice versa. I read the appropriate section in the course manual and tried setting up the access permissions via combinations of username, domain and course but it doesn't seem to have the desired affect. For various reasons I would rather not use "password protection" for each file.

I guess really what I am trying to accomplish is similar to the digital drop box feature in Blackboard in which you can send specific files to specific students. How might I accomplish that?

Or alternatively, is there any way to add an attachment to a COM message inside Loncapa?

TIA,
Jay

PS: The files in questions are just grade information, thus there is no "assignment" related to these particular file transfers.