[LON-CAPA-users] Announcements, blogs, RSS feeds, etc...

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:30:19 -0600

Mark,

For announcements I've been using the "Syllabus" template page as the first
resource.  It is still 1-removed from the NAV-map page.

This page automatically grabs the CLDR entries and places them at the top.
These aren't necessarily formatted in the cleanest fashion, but it works
reasonably well.

This page also has the benefit of listing all faculty/TAs associated with the
course, sorted by their roles, and provides a direct link to each of their
"About Me" pages.  I make everyone involved with the course edit their "About
Me" page to either include their contact information and office hours, or
provide a link to where that information can be found (although I'm not
always successful with the TAs).  This makes it pretty easy for students to
figure out how to get hold of us.

Since I provide actual syllabus information in a different format, I just
leave all the fields blank, and only make use of these two automatic features
of the template.

This is what it looks like:
http://loncapa.Mines.EDU/public/csm/1n312841c4eda44f2csml1/syllabus

Todd