Guy Albertelli II
Sat, 7 Oct 2006 10:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
> Could someone give a quick description of what the student portfolio is
> and how it is meant to be used by a student?
- it's 20 meg file area for students
- main idea was a location to upload documents that could then be
submitted in response to an essay/drop box/task
- users can define metadata for the file
- also portfolio submitted files can be modified by the grader and then
uploaded back to the student, this will apear as a new 'version' of
the file for the studnet (and doesn't count against their quota)
> Who can it be viewed by?
- student controlled
- by default only the student or a user who is grading it if it has
been submitted as a response
- optionally can be marked as 'public' or as 'pass phrase
protected' by the student (in this case it would be then
publically available, or available by a pass phrase the student
- files that are in this state are advertised on the students
> Is it primarily meant for a place a student can
> carry over stuff from quarter to quarter?
- sure, they can do what the want with it
> Do they have means to let others collaborate with the material?
- Groups can also have a portfolio area for the group
- groups can have users with read access and othere with read/write
access to the group area
- Group files are advertised on the course aboutme page
We're working on the Documentation of the PORT stuff right now.