[LON-CAPA-users] CSS: stylesheets within LON-CAPA problems?!?

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:03:44 +0200

Hi,

How can I use stylesheets within LON-CAPA problems? I have already been
searching in the FAQ and in the authorīs manual, but I canīt find
anything helpful.

Iīd like to use CSS like

h1 {background: #123456; border-bottom: solid 1px}
.main {margin: 5px;}

I donīt want to change/substitute tags like it is possible in the style
files (.sty).

1) Can I use these sty-files for CSS definitions as shown above?

I tried a bit and found out that I can use something like:

-------- Start --------
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
      .main {width: 800px; margin-left: 20px; padding: 10px; font-size:
11pt; background: #FFFFCC; font-family: verdana}
</STYLE>

<problem>

<startouttext />
My text My text My text
<endouttext />

<optionresponse max="5" id="11" randomize="yes" TeXlayout="horizontal">
[...]
</optionresponse>

</problem>

2) Is this accepted by every webbrowser which is compatible to LON-CAPA?
Iīm note sure about that.

3) The big disadvantage with this way is that I have to include all the
style definitions in every single problem - not very elegant and
flexible. Any ideas how to use global (means course level) CSS files?

4) Does anybody has an example inside the LON-CAPA network to show how
nicely designed problems can look like?

Thanks,
Stefan Bisitz