[LON-CAPA-users] Display weight of problem to students

James Sullivan lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:51:50 -0500

Two questions on problem weights:

(1) Is there some way to display the weight of each part of a problem to the
students so that they know for example parts 1 and 2 are worth 5 points,
whereas part 3 is worth 15 points?

Obviously, one could code it directly in the problem but if there is an
easier way that would be great.

(2) How can one dynamically change the weight of a problem depending on
student responses? For example, suppose I wanted to decrease the weight of a
problem according to the number of tries it took to answer? Obviously I can
do this post processing the grade sheet, but I'm wondering if there is a way
to change the weight algorithmically.

Thanks,
Jay

James M. Sullivan, Assistant Professor
jmsullivan@vcu.edu
Department of Physics                                    Virginia
Commonwealth University
tel: 804/828-6343
fax: 804/828-7073

1020 W. Main St.
PO BOX 842000
Richmond, VA 23284-2000

*
"If you can drive a nail, and if you have any nails to drive, drive them."
          - H. D. Thoureau, 1850
*