[LON-CAPA-users] Slots

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 24 May 2006 12:02:23 -0600

OK.  I've defined 2 slots:  slot1 and slot2

They are both of type schedulable_student, which I assume means that students
are allowed to do the scheduling.

They have a start time and an end time a couple days in the future.

Each has a maximum number of students, a proctor, and a secret word.

All the other table entries on the "managing slots" page are empty.  (I
*think* this means I have set up students to register for slots at any time,
and that currently, the slots are not unique)

For the problem, the "Use slot based access controls" parm is set to "yes"

For the problem, the "Slots of availability selected by student" parm is set
to "slot1,slot2"

For the problem, the "Slots of availability" parm is also set to "slot1,slot2"

Still, when I log in as student, I don't get a "select slot" screen.

I have a feeling that I'm missing something obvious here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326