[LON-CAPA-users] cheating while completing quizzes

Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:55:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Susan,

> I was just informed by a student that some of the first year students in
> my program (not at Michigan State, but the university where I am now
> located) have been doing this all year with WebCT.  Please tell me this is
> not possible with LON-CAPA.  I am still trying to convert everyone over
> here to LON-CAPA and hoping to use it with my own course in the fall.

I am unaware of any existing bugs that allow students to acquire
answers to a homework problem through a means other than the
answerdate mechanism.

(Some previous versions of lon-capa did have obscure bugs that could
lead to answers being displayed to students. But all such bugs were
closed as soon as they were reported to us, generally in less than a
few hours.)

We try very hard to make sure that answer information only exists on
the servers and that there is no means of guessing or discovering the
correct answers from the data shipped to the browsers.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137