[LON-CAPA-users] any limit on the id numbers for responses?

Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:27:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi JMS,

> I am wondering if there is any limit on the ID number of responses inside a
> loncapa problem.
>
> For example, can I have an ID of "110" for a response?
>

> I just tested it and loncapa doesn't complain, but I just want to be sure
> there are not other issues this might cause.

You are not allowed . or _ in id's, 2.2 will likely become vocal about
this. (Start throwing errors)

I'd suggest sticking to a-z A-Z 0-9 and the hyphen.

But to address the specific of you request. no there is no official
limit.

(I actull have one test problem with the ID set to

"Hmm, wonder if this'll work?"

And haven't yet had any problems.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137