[LON-CAPA-users] Retreiving Name of Course Document in a problem

Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:10:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brew,

> 1) It does not give me the name of the Course Document resource, "Sheet 1"
> in this case. It gives me the title of the first problem on the page. This
> seems to be the same as displaytitle, used in a style sheet.

Yep, the default is for it to give you the title of the resource within
which it is being called.

In the case you actually want the title of the enclosing map

&EXT('resource.title',&EXT('resource.map'));

Should do it for you.

> 2) When in author mode, if I view master.problem, resource.title is empty.
> I spent a couple of hours trying different possible labels with no results;
> now I see I have to publish every possibility and switch to Course
> administrator (or a student) to check that possibility. Why don't I see
> something as Author?

You don't need to switch to the Author role to author, you can author
even when your selected role is CC or ST if you have a valid Author
role.

That being said, &EXT('resource.title') in 2.2 will always return
something descriptive. (Although in CSTR space it'll just be the
filename of the resource.)

> 3) Which reminds me, is there some way to have two windows open, one as
> Author and one as Course administrator (or a student)? It is a pain to
> constantly switch back and forth. I run under Firefox, typically with 4 or
> 5 tabs to various resources. When one tab changes to Administrator, it
> seems to change them all.

By involving multiple machines. But I hope that now that you note that
you can author as CC you see this to be not needed as much.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-7-27,137