[LON-CAPA-users] Retreiving Name of Course Document in a problem

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:22:20 -0700

Hi Brew,
	 Regarding logging on twice and accessing two roles individually.
 There are options.  I'll post my (indoubtedly bad) workarounds here and
watch eagerly for the better ways to be explained.  Actually, it seems to me
that the whole issue of locating and identifying specific resources for
specific purposes begs some (even) more sophisticated solutions.  (Which I
am sure everyone has ideas about.)  I rountinely use two computers and often
multiple browsers on each to work-around this kind of issue.

Be that as ie may...

One thing you might do, is log on again, either in a new tab, new browser or
new computer to a DIFFERENT server.  Since you need to do your authoring on
your home library server, you have to login there to access your authoring
privileges.  However, you could log on as the same user to an access server
and then select your course coordinator role (bearing in mind that you'll
not be able to do any author stuff from this access server login).

Alternatively (and possibly less convenient, in some ways) you might request
a second username for yourself and then assign that account co-author
privileges on you original account.

Cheers,
Ray