[LON-CAPA-users] Randomlist difficulties

Kelso lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:51:59 -0700 (MST)

I am wondering if anyone has had any difficulties with randomlist in
version 2.1x.
We have a homework question that we have been using for several semesters
that scrambles the order of the parts of the question.  This is
accomplished using

<randomlist show="5">

<part id="part1">...</part>
<part id="part2">...</part>
<part id="part3">...</part>
<part id="part4">...</part>
<part id="part5">...</part>

</randomlist>

We have successfully used this question for several semesters using
previous versions of LON-CAPA, and have only recently developed the
issues.  The question seems to work okay in the construction space, but
when it is imported into the course, it seems random as to the number of
parts that a student actually sees.  All of the parts are listed in the
the Navigation screen (it says the question should have 5 parts), but the
number of parts that show up is definitiely not 5 for everyone.

I tried to look at the bugzilla page to see if this had already been
reported, but I am not very familiar with the page yet.  I am sorry about
that, and I will try to become more familiar with it to save everyone some
time.

Thanks to all for your time and efforts.

Chris