[LON-CAPA-users] Course Slots - What's that?

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:04:04 -0800

OK I haven't been able to thread the needle on this slot stuff yet.
I try things but there is some missing info which I haven't gleaned.

> Slots and resources exist seperately and associations needed to be
> created between them through either PARM or the slotrequest screens

When and where do the students see slotrequest screens.... or do they?
If not, how do they choose their slot(s).

> Currently slot access requires protored access.

Define, please.

> Going through the
> /adm/helper/newslot.helper
>
> Shows you the variety of possible options for a slot.
> (Try both types, there are different options for both types)

Did this but still haven't seen any effect(s) when logged in as student.

I also note the parameters :
Use slot based access controls (useslots)
Slots of availability (available)
Slots of availability selected by student (availablestudent)

but it is not clear to me what I should be selecting for those.

I don't suppose there is some documentation, or an example somewhere?

thanks
Ray