[LON-CAPA-users] The Case of the Missing Gifs

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 12:16:46 -0500

Don't know. But the only difference between the normal images and the
icons I can think of at the moment is that the icons come on port
8080 - while everything else is on ports 80 or 443. Windows has all
kinds of firewalls and settings, so it is not inconceivable that some
Microsoft-internal firewall kicks in for IE (famously, "part of the
operating system"), but not for Firefox.