[LON-CAPA-users] The Case of the Missing Gifs

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:25:54 -0500

I am trying to track down an irritating thing happening in LonCapa.

On the school machines, running Internet Explorer 6, the little gifs used
for buttons and such do not appear. The students see little red Xs, as
though the files cannot be found.

Everything works fine on my desktop machine running Firefox, but IE6 can't
find the gifs. So, it seems to be an IE issue rather than something about a
teacher account versus a student account. I am Blessed By The Great Gods of
IT to run Firefox; it is not available for the students to run.

On my home machine, running either IE7 or Firefox, everything seems to work
correctly.

Anyone know what setting needs to be changed or something? My IT people are
unable to find a solution. The LonCapa system is usable like this, but it
is kind of kludgy (and a little embarrassing).

Thanks,brew