[LON-CAPA-users] Visibility of Problem

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:31:35 -0700

Hi Gerd,

Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Apr 14, 2006, at 8:55 AM, lucasm@ohiou.edu wrote:
>

>> Quick question: I know (or think I know) that the problem text is not
>> visible between when the problem is due and when the answer is available.
>>
>> Can someone remind me what the logic in that is?
>
> I think the main reason is that CAPA did it like that, so it's what CAPA
> users expect.
>
> The second reason is that this way you actually can make the problem
> invisible after a certain date, if so desired.

I like this feature, particularly for exams in E-learning classes, where
  I have students come in and take the exam. I schedule a timeslot whee
the exam is open. Answers are first available when all students have
taken the exam. This keeps the problems invisible during the period the
exam is offered.

Lars.