[LON-CAPA-users] Physlets and Macs

Diana Szczesuil lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:10:27 -0700

Hi,

Some Physlets use Livescript (precursor to javascript, introduced by
Netscape--Navigator 2.0) that most mac OS & browser combinations do not
support.  Before Panther was released I made several complaints to apple
about this.  The good news is that OS 10.3 (Panther) and the safari
1.3.1 browser combination do support Livescript functionality.   The
Firefox and OmniWeb browsers also support Livescript functionality.
Unfortunately, if mac users do not complain enough apple will not
continue to support Livescript, as we saw with the release of Tiger.  I
strongly urge anyone interested in using Physlets to periodically
request that apple continue support Livescript:
<http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/index.html>.

Diana Szczesuil - UC Santa Cruz