[LON-CAPA-users] LON-CAPA and Moodle

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:35:11 -0700

Hi Gerd,

We have been using moodle for 2-3 years and its been working well for
us. In fact, our campus has just decided to adopt moodle as one of our
supported platforms. I'm teaching an algebra based physics course using
the msu phys231 sequence as my homework/lecture materials in lon-capa,
and I'm using moodle for the labs in the same course. I have a link in
lon-capa to moodle and vice versa. Moodle works well with other
platforms because it facilitates class discussion. It does so better
than any other system I know. Moodle is less sophisticated when it comes
to the homework engine, so we use lon-capa or webwork (in math) for this
purpose. This poses no problems.

Lars.