[LON-CAPA-users] Anyone planning to attend the Visualization in Science Gordon Conference in July? A couple of questions about demonstrations.

rlight lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:12:14 -0500

> >  When one makes such a "public" link, does the problem come up with
> > only one randomization, or is it possible to view different
> versions
> > of the problem by reloading the web page?
>
> In this case, viewing it publicly the 'New Problem Vaiarion'
> button appears.
>
> Some problem types (imageresponse, and gnuplot problems) have
> issues when attempting to run in 'public' mode.
>
> --
> guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-9-

Guy

Thanks for the quick response.

Now what if I created a web page with a link to such a "public" problem, but
put this web page into DOCS.  Would it behave this way with the New Problem
Variation--while appearing to be part of the course?

Alternatively I could put a URL in a DOCs page that opens up another web
page (separate window) that then has a link to such a problem?

Actually, I guess the link itself would lead to opening a new page with the
problem the only thing on the page, wouldn't it?  That should probably be
directed to open in a new window?

Robley

Robley J. Light                         Professor Emeritus, Chemistry and
Biochemistry
Department of Chemistry          		Phone:   (850) 644-3844
   and Biochemistry                   	Email:  rlight@chem.fsu.edu
Florida State University             	Fax:      (850) 644-8281
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390    Home Page:
http://www.chem.fsu.edu/editors/rlight