[LON-CAPA-users] Anyone planning to attend the Visualization in Science Gordon Conference in July? A couple of questions about demonstrations.

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:25:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robley,

> could coordinate what is presented.  (Would I be correct in ascribing credit
> for the &chemparse and JME editor functions to the two Guys--Albertelli and
> Ashkenazi,

Ashkenazi did the grand majority of that work.

> 1.  If I want to mingle some information, discussion, etc together with a
> problem or two, do I do that as  "page"?

Yes.

> 2.  How does one set up a problem in such a demo (or in a course for that
> matter) that includes a button where a new randomization can be generated
> after the problem is answered correctly?

You currently cannot.

We have discussed this idea but it currently is not possible.

> 3.  As a slight variation on this question, do I recall discussion of the
> ability to make a "resource" available on a web page without involving a
> log-in to a LON-CAPA server?  Is that what the "public-no authentication"
> option in publication is for?

Correct.

>  When one makes such a "public" link, does the
> problem come up with only one randomization, or is it possible to view
> different versions of the problem by reloading the web page?

In this case, viewing it publicly the 'New Problem Vaiarion' button
appears.

Some problem types (imageresponse, and gnuplot problems) have issues
when attempting to run in 'public' mode.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-9-