[LON-CAPA-users] changing part name

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:02:15 -0500 (EST)

David,

You want to get a second opinion on this, but I'm afraid you probably
don't want republish this.

The information as to student responses is stored in a large assessment
file for each student. The information is stored as a hash - with
key:value pairs. The key includes enough information to uniquely describe
the information (which problem, which part, etc...). I think it is using
this label that you chose to create part of this name (was this label the
"id" for the part?) If you change the "id" of a part, it will not see that
the student has any information regarding their submissions. In short,
it'll look like the student never did the problem.

Sorry! I have no idea what the list of 'forbidden characters' is.

Later,
Mark