[LON-CAPA-users] strange pop-up activity

Flammer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:11:14 -0600 (MDT)

I have one student who, when she logs into lon-capa, gets a number of
windows opening, one of which you cannot control how large it is.  This is
in addition to the remote (we tried it with and without the remote control
open).

It seems like the targets are screwed up somehow, because if you
close the windows, and click on a link it will just reopen the window you
closed.  Also, at times (not all the time which is strange), you submit
answers in whichever window it has chosen to open the problem, and it
basically treats it like you haven't submitted anything.

We tried it with multiple browsers, and she said she had tried it with
many computers with the same results.  I then logged in as myself on the
same computer with the same browser and there wasn't a problem.  I then
had her log onto my computer which has never had problems, and she had the
same problem.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Is there a preference she has
accidentally set on her account that could explain this, because it seems
isolated to her account.  Her username is 'kvolker' on domain 'csm'

Thanks,
David