[LON-CAPA-users] importing resources from WeBWorK

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:43:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim,

We use Webwork in the Math Department. The webwork problem language is
quite similar to that of lon-capa. I translated a semesters worth of
webwork problem sets for a Stat course into lon-capa, and it really
didn't take that long. But it was a manual process - I did each
problem individually.

If you plan on using webwork problems, I would recommend you install
webwork, rather than translate problems. Webwork is an excellent
product, and it included 5 or 6 different display modes that displays
complex math expressions very well. And it comes with 6 or 7 large
problem libraries.

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/