[LON-CAPA-users] detailed statistics for a folder

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:22:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi James,

> Is there some way to do detailed statistics at the folder/map level?
> Basically, I would like an excel file that would, for each multiple choice
> problem, provide the number of students who chose answer (a), the number of
> students who chose answer (b), the number of students who chose answer (c),
> etc. It would be great to get this as an excel file.
>

> It appears as though "Detailed Problem Analysis" does exactly this, but for
> one problem at a time. Is there a way to do the same for an entire folder.

A folder wide view is only available by downloading the Student
Submissions and doing the analysis yourself as Robley suggested.

If these problems were 'survey' problems, then you can use the
'Survey Reports' to get the data without any student
identfiable information associated with it. But once again it only
operates on a single problem at a time. But it has 'Next Survey'
buttons that should make this process fairly quick.

(I believe that the process of taking something that was given as a
homework problem, setting the problem mode to 'survey' and then using
the Survey Reports feature, should work to extract the data of number
of students that selected each foil.)

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137