[LON-CAPA-users] formatting hardcopy of homework sets

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:41:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mike,

Sorry getting a bit behind.

> TWO: When doing mass printings (about 500 students), it takes a long time
> (about 20 min) to generate the pdf file.  But the lon-capa interface times
> out in less than an hour.

At what point is it timing out? I added code in 1.2 to take of this
problem.

> I just had this happen and lost the pdf
> file.  Two questions: Is the pdf file stored away somewhere after the
> time-out so I can get it back?

Currently yes, look in /home/httpd/prtspool on the machine.

> Can I control the time-out period on a session?

Sorta, the time that occured here was an Apache internal timer, which
I wouldn't suggest changing as it is set to 5 minute right now, which
should be long enough (we should send some kind of update to the user
at leat once every 5 minutes.)

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-