[LON-CAPA-users] formatting hardcopy of homework sets

Michael Dubson lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:05:45 -0600

Hi,
I have 2 separate problems regarding printing hardcopy

ONE: I am still unable to create a style sheet which removes the blank
boxes from the hardcopy problem sets AND removes the white space left
behind. I tried Guy Ashkenazi's alteration of Guy Albertelli's original
style sheet :
Remove the "\strut" which keeps the vertical space, and leave an empty
<tex></tex> tag.

But this did work. Even the rectangles remain in place.  Can someone
provide the full text of the appropriate style sheet?

TWO: When doing mass printings (about 500 students), it takes a long time
(about 20 min) to generate the pdf file.  But the lon-capa interface times
out in less than an hour.  I just had this happen and lost the pdf
file.  Two questions: Is the pdf file stored away somewhere after the
time-out so I can get it back?  Can I control the time-out period on a session?

-thanks!, Mike

Michael Dubson, Senior Instructor
Dept. of Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder