[LON-CAPA-users] Re: formatting hardcopy of Homework sets

Guy Ashkenazi lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:46:16 +0300

> Not sure if any of these are the greatest reasons, but it seemed enough
> to us to continue, at least for the time being

All of them are good reasons, which is why I keep printing for my students
as well.

> Tried this out. It does get rid of the textbox, but replaces it with blank
space
> of the same height as the box (!) In the end, the vertical spacing is
completely
> identical to before, so alas this doesn't seem to help us with our problem
of
> trying to chop space...

Remove the "\strut" which keeps the vertical space, and leave an empty
<tex></tex> tag.

> Hmmm.... We're running 1.2, and the printout does still say "Your are
correct.
> Computer's answer now shown above. Receipt number is ..." Is there
something
> I have to actively do to suppress that line?

Guy fixed it just after 1.2 went out. You'll have to wait for the next
release...

> So it would be much easier for us if the name appeared Last, First Middle.
> (Just makes sorting easier for our undergrad helpers who distribute.) Do
we
> have any control over that?

I know there was an initiative to make the printed header configurable by a
style sheet or a tag. I don't know the status of that - Guy Albertelli
should know more.

    Guy.

Dr. Guy Ashkenazi
Department of Science Teaching