[LON-CAPA-users] LON-CAPA Conference 2005

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:19:40 -0400

Hi,

As you know, the 2005 LON-CAPA Conference will take place at the
University of South Carolina, Columbia, from January 7th-8th, 2005.

Since we anticipate having once again more participants than originally
proposed to NSF, we will need your assistance with travel and lodging.

We have decided on the following stipend mechanism:

* University of South Carolina: no funds for travel and lodging
* non-MSU participants: $400 flat toward travel and lodging
* MSU-based LON-CAPA staff: full reimbursement of travel and lodging
* other MSU participants: we may again be able to secure funds through
MSU's LC&T faculty development program

Hotel cost will be approximately $80/night, airfares are unpredictable.

We hope that this early notice allows non-MSU participants to secure
additional local funds at their institutions to make up the difference
between the $400 and the actual cost. Stipend checks will be available
at the conference.

Other costs (meals, etc) will be paid for by our project. We gladly
acknowledge sponsorship for the conference dinner by Dell Computers, as
well as all the support by our hosts at the University of South
Carolina.

Registration information will be upcoming soon.

- Gerd.