[LON-CAPA-users] Creating Sections

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:41:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gary.

> One more question, if I may, what about TAs and sections?  I assume they
> are set up in the same way as an instructor but will they have access to
> grades for their particular section?

Yes.

> Will the TAs be able to modify the
> parameters?

No.

> Perhaps what is needed--at least for me--is a matrix that shows the
> capabilities of the various levels of access realizing that with custom
> roles you can alter that matrix somewhat.  Is there something like that
> somewhere?  Does it need to be created?

http://www.loncapa.org/roles.html

It isn't completly up to date, but it is about 90% accurate.

We were just chatting about doing a brute force test on it and the
system to see what discrepencies there are.

If anyone was looking for a project, to help out with the system, I
would definately appreciate any bug reports that would come out of
testing the validity of that page.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-