[LON-CAPA-users] Creating Sections

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:06:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gary,

> How do instructors interact with the individual sections then?  Or to
> get at more directly what I want to do, can I assign individual
> instructors to have access (particularly accessing student scores) to
> just their students in their own individual section of a particular
> course?

Yes, when assigning the role of Instructor to a user, there is a
'Section' box, type in the section you want them to be the instructor
for.

They will only be able to view, and change grades of users in their
section.

Users can have multiple Instructor or TA roles in different sections.

(For example I colu have an Instructor for section 001 role and an
Instructor for Section 002 role)

> I'd prefer these section instructors not have the ability to
> manipulate the content of the course -- does that require a customized
> role?

Instructors by default are not allowed to modify the contents of the
course. They are allowed to set and change parameters.

> There will still need to be one person who has access to all
> sections and all grades of a course.

Course Coordinator is the only role which is allowed to modfiy what
documents are in the course.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-