[LON-CAPA-users] weight to a folder?

Nathan Schoenack lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:59:01 -0500

Lars,

If you go through the PARM -> 'Set Paramters -- Helper Mode', you can assign
a weight to every problem in a particular folder.  Instead of choosing the
whole course or an individual problem, the middle option is all problems in
a particular folder.

Is that what you're getting at?  It's not exactly setting a weight to a
folder, but it's a semi-global way of changing all problems in a particular
folder.

Nathan Schoenack
NDSU

-----Original Message-----
From: lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org
[mailto:lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org]On Behalf Of Lars Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 1:43 PM
To: lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Subject: [LON-CAPA-users] weight to a folder?

Hi,

Is there any way to assign a weight to a folder - this would be a lot
more useful than assigning weights to individual problems.

My course is built up of,

(1) a folder (of folders) of homework problems for the course, and

(2) a folder (of folders) of exams.

The number of problems in above folders may vary from semester to
semester, but my weights of each folder rarely varies. Thus, grading and
grade display setup is much simpler if I can assign weights to folders.
And they can be reused each semester.

Thanks,
Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/